Saturday, July 5, 2014

Montezuma has had his revenge!

The past 24 hours have been NO fun, but I´m hoping the worst is over.  Even being religious with the bottled water and hand-sanatizer... Apparently ALL the children have parasites, so it was inevitable, especially with the little ones who hug you, kiss you, and whose poop you change several times a day.  Pretty much slept nonstop since lunch yesterday, which has undoubtedly done as much good as anything.

The abject povrty is disconcerting.  Yet even so, to see the folks, both local and international volunteers, who spend time with these kids is amazing.  This is an experience I would not trade, even with the past 24 hours.  Talk about putting your life in perspective.  I rather feel like everyone in the US should spend even one week here... They couldn´t help but change their evaluation of what is important and what is not.

So thank you for reading!  Still haven´t had a chance to try to load pictures, but I promise I will before too long.

Count your blessings, folks.  You have no idea how good you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment