Friday, July 18, 2014

And now...

Remember that 48-hour thing...?  It only got worse.  The 3rd or 4th day, I passed out in the cafeteria.  A day in bed and the doctor came... "Hospital for testing, or home."  I chose door #2. 

So here I am, home for a while, slowly but surely recovering (still waiting for some test results, but obviously not life threatening).  And these are my parting thoughts:

I'm very very glad I went, and crushed that I needed to leave early.  Tears... for friends made, tasks left undone, children who just want love.  In spite of no hot water, too much noise and rice and diar.-filled diapers, I am grateful I had the experience, even if it was only for less than two weeks.

It confirmed yet again truths I've known since I was young... culures and language are irrelevant when it comes to an individual's or a community's life.  
There many many more people who want good for others than ones who wish ill.  
- Kids just want to be loved.  
- You get as much out of life as you put into it.
- Money is pretty much irrelevant compared to a smile. 

and... Dirty diapers need to be changed.

Ciao, you all!  Thanks for following along.

No comments:

Post a Comment