Act 1: Growing up - age 0-22
Act 2: Getting a life - age 22-30
Act 3: Following dreams (aka midlife crisis!) - age 30-36
Act 4: Marriage and Children - age 36-58
Act 5: Finding myself... again - age 58-???
Scene 1: Missions in Peru
So, here I go! The beginning of a new chapter in my life, a new adventure.
Visa: n/a
Ticket: check
Insurance: check
Vaccines: check
Spanish lessons: check (though not certain how much help they'll be!)
Visit to the folks: check
Packing: !!!
Okay, so maybe not quite ready! But excited, nonetheless. Leaving in just over a week, and beginning to be a hair overwhelmed.
Missions... something I've thought about most of my life. But it takes a certain kind of person, and a calling, to make it your life. I don't know if I am that kind of person. I guess we'll find out. Hopefully six weeks is enough to know.
So this will be the tale of this adventure. The last Act has finished, a new one has begun. What does God have in store? As usual, it is not mine to know. But He will be there, and keep and protect me (as long as I actually let Him!) through the next months. And then when I return, hopefully I will have a clear direction of where He wants me to be.
Now to finish packing!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment